Anyway, my latest creation is a pair of green stripey cropped trousers that Im in love with. I used the trouser block I had made myself but made short trouser. The block worked well up to a point, but the basic trousers produced needed a lot of altering. I'm very pleased with my crotch*, but the legs needed to be taken in several inches- I think full length trousers would have handled the wide leg look better but not for crops. The fabric also has some stretch to it, which I didn't realise until I had made the trousers (that's just how good I am!) so I was able to pull them on and off with need for a zip.
I unpicked the crotch and added a short zip which is enough to allow me to get them on, and the waist band still looks nice, I added a press stud to fasten it but have yet to cover that up with a button (they are defo not finished, just like everything else). But once on they remain to big and I think Ill have to take them in at the sideseams which means unpicking the waistband and side seams. So for now they are held up by safety pins!
*uh oh there's one for the blooper reel!