Pages

Bienvenue


Occasionally it seems that world is in pure chaos with nothing making sense, but that doesn't matter as long as I can sew. Sewing is a form of art, or at the very least creativity, and a form of expression. A great outlet for the tension of everyday life. Also you can make cute things. The craft revolution is truly taking place, old skills are being revived by a new generation, but with a seriously modern twist.

I've made Mario pillow cases, a giraffe print background, and turned duvet covers into summer dresses. I enjoy making something unique, special, and me- then I like wearing it and watching it fall to pieces or not fit properly. Then I enjoy (slightly less) fixing it.

One day I shall have a room filled with glorious fabrics and boxes of notions, and on that day I will have found my nirvana. But until then this blog will exist as my virtual haberdashery and sewing room. Hopefully you'll enjoy looking at my creations as much as I enjoy looking at other blogs, and you'll be inspire to make something of your own.

Sunday 1 May 2011

Perfect for those sunny days at the Country Club

I bought some Boucle from the Oxfam shop online (which I like because you don't have to pay delivery) which is white flecked with mint green dots.  I wasn't sure what to make with it but when it arrived it seemed perfect for a little jacket, that a posh lady might wear- al la this number from Topshop:

So I used my new bodice sloper, but added 4cm to the back piece and 2cm to each of the front pieces for some ease- although this turned out to be still too small and I had to add in a strip of fabric at each side.  I also had to add a strip across the bottom because the bodice finishes quite high up.  I had a limited amount of fabric because I also had to cut out sleeves and they take up a crazy amount of fabric, so I had to carefully place my pattern pieces and then cut out extra strips instead of cutting out one big piece.

I also did a lining, and attatched it around the neck, then hemmed the outer and lining together at the other meeting points.  I found the fabric a little dull and found some vintage trim I had bought a while ago which worked really well, unfortunately I only had enough for around the neck but I hope to buy and add more (can guarentee the fabric shop won't be open this bank holiday weekend).  And I had a little bit left over to eadge a little pocket- but that was too hard to make so I made a cute alternative. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment