Pages

Bienvenue


Occasionally it seems that world is in pure chaos with nothing making sense, but that doesn't matter as long as I can sew. Sewing is a form of art, or at the very least creativity, and a form of expression. A great outlet for the tension of everyday life. Also you can make cute things. The craft revolution is truly taking place, old skills are being revived by a new generation, but with a seriously modern twist.

I've made Mario pillow cases, a giraffe print background, and turned duvet covers into summer dresses. I enjoy making something unique, special, and me- then I like wearing it and watching it fall to pieces or not fit properly. Then I enjoy (slightly less) fixing it.

One day I shall have a room filled with glorious fabrics and boxes of notions, and on that day I will have found my nirvana. But until then this blog will exist as my virtual haberdashery and sewing room. Hopefully you'll enjoy looking at my creations as much as I enjoy looking at other blogs, and you'll be inspire to make something of your own.

Thursday 3 May 2012

Projects

Done quite well recently at actually doing stuff, which is unusual for me.  Just need to regroup slightly, especially after my holiday interruption, to plan my next activity.  I do enjoy planning, and have been told by friends, family, co-workers, and strangers on the street* that I plan too much.  As if there is such a thing as too much planning!?!

But when you work different days each week, including a lot of weekends, and have to factor in buying/ordering/waiting for it to be delivered/tripping to the post office depot to pick up stuff you weren't at home to receive before you can start a new project.  And the fact that you have no money but also enjoy going out to the cinema and the such like with boyfriend.  Anyway my next projects should/may include:

Bunting for my sisters wedding- the wedding isn't until May 2013 so I'm thinking I could put this on the back burner for a while.  I made bunting before and may have some fabric left over, but I might have search around for a while to find some more.
Summer Dress- using the fabric my sister got me for my birthday.  I'll need a new dress pattern first though, and probably a zip.
Embroidery- I've been dabbling already...









*Well they would stop me to tell me that if it weren't obvious to all that I was far too busy planning things

No comments:

Post a Comment