I used McCalls pattern 6503 which had really cute drawings on the cover but, as usual, the real lady wearing the real dress looked fairly underwhelming...because of the dress not the lady btw. But this is the issue with all patterns, so I wasn't concerned. My dress is version A- the top left.
I collected my ingredients, cut out the pattern pieces, then cut out the fabric pieces. As I said I cut the bodice from the blue flowery fabric, the midriff from the dark pink fabric, and the skirt from the dark blue.
Following the, sometimes inscrutable, instructions I attached the interfacing to the facings (also in dark pink), sewed together the bodice, made and attached a ruffle (a five minute job which I protracted out for about 2 hrs) and attached the facing to the bodice. Then I stopped for the snack break :)
I think it was sometime around here that I realised I had made the ruffle too short but I would have had to unpick everything to fix it so I left it.
*Not having a fling, just like to rhyme...thought I'd clear that up.
**Bias binding is a fairly thin strip of fabric cut on the bias, or at 45degrees, which you use on the edge of arm holes, necklines, dress hems etc because it is cut on the bias it will stretch around the curve without ruckling.***
***Ruckling may not be a real word, but I use it a lot.