Pages

Bienvenue


Occasionally it seems that world is in pure chaos with nothing making sense, but that doesn't matter as long as I can sew. Sewing is a form of art, or at the very least creativity, and a form of expression. A great outlet for the tension of everyday life. Also you can make cute things. The craft revolution is truly taking place, old skills are being revived by a new generation, but with a seriously modern twist.

I've made Mario pillow cases, a giraffe print background, and turned duvet covers into summer dresses. I enjoy making something unique, special, and me- then I like wearing it and watching it fall to pieces or not fit properly. Then I enjoy (slightly less) fixing it.

One day I shall have a room filled with glorious fabrics and boxes of notions, and on that day I will have found my nirvana. But until then this blog will exist as my virtual haberdashery and sewing room. Hopefully you'll enjoy looking at my creations as much as I enjoy looking at other blogs, and you'll be inspire to make something of your own.

Thursday 4 July 2013

Pom Pom Balls

I saw a tutorial on You Tube for these and decided to copy 'Modern Mom' because that's the way I roll.
I bought polystyrene balls from Hobby Craft (other craft stores may be available, but not where I live!) and used two old tote bags that I was given from work.  I cute the tote bags into lots of identical circles (coincidentally the same size as the inside of my roll of cellotape which I used to draw around to create my template).  The I folded them into quarters and pinned them onto the ball.  Once I'd done a bunch in an overlapping kind of way I opened the quarters out as much as I could to make it look nice and full and flowery. 
I think I'll add a ribbon and tie it to my bed next to my feather boa- because that's the way I roll.





No comments:

Post a Comment